Friday Lectures delivered in Arabic by Shaikh Ehsan (email@example.com) at Masjid Rasool Corniche Muscat ,Translated into english from Urdu online Translation done by Br Jafer Ali Salman in the basement of the mosque .
8th Jun 07- Gonu
|27 May 2011||
|Dec 11 mp3 urdu||March18 mp3 urdu|
Disclaimer These are unofficial translations & no responsibility is taken for the same.
Friday, 1st Sept, 2006
The background of this Ayat is that the Unbelievers came to the Prophet(as) with the argument trying to falsify Islam.They tried to argue that if the religion was divine why a different shariat was brought by each subsequent Prophet.(as)
Allah swt is All knowing & All Powerful, & HE willed a different Shariat in HIS wisdom ..There have been changes to the Shariat/rules based on Progress of Humanity & based on increased levels of understandings reached by societies over time..
So the question arises ,Has there been no progress since our Prophet brought the shariat? The answer is that the Shariat brought by him incorporates all aspects of progress & solutions to issues arising until Qiyamat. Ie Halal will remain Halal & Haram will remain Halal as taught by the Prophet.(as) of Islam.
The Ayat also explains that no one should dispute /debate that the Shariat is applicable/proper etc as HE knows best.
Another question arises is that ‘Isn't it useless for Quran to speak to unbelievers ?
There are 4 possible explanations to this question a)It is Hujjat ,completion of argument on unbelievers b)Ayt Tabarisi says that it is actually addressed to the Prophet (as) i.e. not to indulge in any dispute with unbelievers & to ignore them c) It is like a' Khabr' informing about setting a principle of basis of invitation & not fighting,/argue d)It is a confirmation of the strong guidance for the Prophet to strengthen his heart & soul .
In case people do' jidal/zidd 'on why the shariats are different ,they are astray & intend to create doubts.This matter is addressed to all humans (not only momins/muslims).who are informed that HE knows & will settle/judge on all differences on day of judgment
There are following lessons which can be derived from these ayats:-
1)Just as the Shariat has progressed , we should also progress in our speech/khitab as we get more marifat & Aql grows. Islam has come for reaching heights.
Man should not object to Shariat by mentioning that it is not in line with current situation/time.We are sorry to see some Muslim writers say that Islam's rules are old & not suited for modern times progress.People & societies do not have the Nafsani qabiliyat (ability to accept truth) eg rules on interest etc .Man tries to silence his conscience when the truth becomes evident. Islamic laws are suited for all progress that human beings will ever achieve.
2)Many Ayat have come which encourage the Prophet(as) as he is also a human being & the Ayat encourage & support him. We should have a good manner of speaking which should help to understand in a positive way rather than in a negative way which make people go away eg using words like ‘you don’t know’ ‘no use speaking to you’ etc
Those who wish to serve the cause of Islam should not chide/taunt in all aspects of their work. Mistakes observed should not be corrected in a rude/bad way. This is not to say that we need to keep quiet & not point out mistakes ,but we shd not do character assassination
3)An important point is that ,one should not argue in the face of Stubborn opposition (jidal) w/o knowledge, HE is all knowing Many people go towards jidal w/o benefit & hurt the community instead.The 8th Imam has also mentioned that it is better to be silent where we see no benefit of speaking.
4)Think about the end result in all cases. It is very important to focus on the consequences of actions ,before taking those actions.This is an important lesson & all of us have to return to HIM in the end & HE will judge.In some cases people say its halal so why should I not do a particular thing.However one has to first check the final consequences & results of the action even if halal….
4th August, 2006
In this honorable month of Rajab one shd adopt Taqwa (
There are some points to ponder upon in this connection
Imam Hussain (as) said ‘Can’t you see that you are far from the truth, and that the truth has been abandoned.’ Imam was clearly and closely associated with ‘HAQ’ [truth]. How can we be associated with truth as well?
1: ‘Marifat of Haq.’ A momin should see with ‘FARASAT’. i.e. He should be able to differentiate even if the truth is hidden or mixed with dust. He should have ‘TAMEEZ.’
2: ‘Aamal’ [action]. He has to apply the truth himself and demonstrate association with truth by actions. It is not sufficient to only know or have contact with truth and use only words. We have to walk on the road and show movement. Which objectives have we chosen for life? They should be high objectives as per strength of our ‘IMAAN’ Our intellect says that we should rise towards Kamal
3:Which truth for all humanity..Is it the majority view? Constitution.?. Truth as per Quran & Prophet(saws) ..shd we be open to new ideas & modernity?esp if they take us way from Truth? The ultimate truth is Meeting with Allah ..in Imaan ‘Raghbat’ The foundation is Imaan..faith in Allah swt ..this is what Imam requires
4:Preperation for sacrifices in the way of truth. Many people know & also try to apply truth....but only until there is no effect on their time,money,honor (izzat) etc ie until no sacrifice is involved. We shd remember Farazdak who told Imam that that the hearts of people of Kufa were with Imam ,but their swords were with bani ummaya..
Knowing truth is insufficient, bravery & sacrifice is required .Life is zillat under some conditions & death is saadat in the way of truth. Enemies will never be able to cause harm if Community (Ummat) accepts & follows this policy
Enimity towards Quran,Prophet(saws) ,Mosque is increasing. How many crimes are being committed in the name of freedom..at the same time Manar channel is not allowed to be broadcast ,holocaust cannot be questioned…scarves cannot be worn...
It is the Ulema who should have leadership to guide the community..Only words are not sufficient..Rise & be aware..
Shaikh also advised on the need to maintain order & decorum during Muharram events. He mentioned we shd not give bad imressions to others by parking cars wrongly,laughing & joking outside etc..
latest majalis & Nouhas at www.azadari.com
8th July, 2006
There have been many writings,lectures ,views expressed by many people
on the Subject of Kerbala & Imam Hussain (as) & these will continue..
This Ayat is addressed to the Prophet(saws) to
inform/threaten the disbelievers .The entire Quran & clear evidence did
not satisfy them so they are to be informed that they can continue to
follow their own
There are some lessons from this ayat:-
1)Everyone loves himself & avoids harm ,so the last way
for admonishment is through fear & threatening. If advice is not heeded
,we should continue to do our hidayat,irrespective of the
The Prophet (saws) has said that one should keep
knocking at the
2)Acting as per ones own nafs whims / fancies /likes,
takes one to degradation.If ones Tabiyat is Islamic ,actions will be in
line with this everywhere. A momin should behave as per his Imaan (
3)It is a message that whatever is done by those who are
astray will not affect the actions of the true muslim. Despite attacks
on homes & sacrifices ,the true believer will act with patience (sabr) &
4)Haste should be avoided. All actions do not have
immediate results & need time especially dawah .We shd not be in a hurry
to see the results. One should be patient & wait for results.One should
8th June , 2007 on Gonu Cyclone
There are differences in the disposition of humans which show in thier actions.some are inclined to khair/good while others are quick to adopt the munkir /bad & find doing khair difficult.
What is in the nafs the action is according to that.The Ayat also says HE kows who is who/with what nature.But does it mean that there is Jabr & no free will/ikhtiar/irada? No this is completely against the concept of Hidayat sent by HIM as in case of no free will there would be no need to send messenger/message..Additionally the concept of reward/punishment would have no meaning. Fire does have ability to burn but only when paper is taken near it that it will catch fire.Mans desire /willl comes in between.
1)Actions get associated with shakilat (nature/disposition/conduct/manners).Hence we are resposible to improve our natural disposition ie give tarbiyta/training to it. If we sin we have to examine our manners. Even small sins repeatedly done become great sins israar.The repeated sins become a sifat / quality /habit& similarly repeated good deeds consistently done also become a habit/nature & satans waswasa /whisperings do not affect him..We have to make khair a habit in Individual,family & social life.
2)All actions are a reflection of the disposition developed.Mentioning that we cannot do anything due to environment,friends,social situatio etc are only lame excuses..We can stopthese bad traits & have control .ie we have the power to chnage our disposition.Shaitan may say what can you do with small abilities.....BUT you are responsible for action as per your abilities/resources.Like the frog squirting water on the huge fire made for Ibrahim (as)
3) Each of us have different abilites/dispositions & HE has provided different abilities to people.We should not compare .Eg tell your son why ant you score like the other student ..or the husband tells wife why can you be like the other woman & viceversa. This does not mean tha we should not improve & strive to become better but it is to be as per the qualities/abilities each of us possess.w/o the need to make comparisons.
4)HE knows who is better .Peoples opinion/views are ot very importnat.What matters s what HE thinks of your actions/thoughts .Imam Ali as has said that what is the worth of your acion in HIS eyes ie ikhlass is what matters.
5)We should eagerly strive in the path of khair & not be complacent.We shd not be kasir/reduce our efforts .We should do themaximum possible. There is no qanaat in khair.We cannot say that Alhumdolillah we pray , fast etc so that is enough... We should compete in good works & try to be first in this competition.
We pary to HIM to make us amongst the people with a good disposition & to compete for good deeds
In the second khutba one of Imam reza as wasiyat was read which says that Imam prays for those who have good thoughts/actions for momins & curses those who do not have good thoughts /actions for other momins.May HE make us amongst those who think well of our brothers & help them.
وَإِذَا سَمِعُوا اللَّغْوَ أَعْرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَقَالُوا لَنَا أَعْمَالُنَا وَلَكُمْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ لَا نَبْتَغِي الْجَاهِلِينَ
Al-Qasas (28) Ayat (verse) No. : 55. " And when they hear vanity (vain talk) they withdraw from it and say : Unto us our works and unto you your works . Peace be unto you! We desire not the ignorant "
There are various tafseer giving different historical context/backgrounds for this Ayat ie Bani Najran , Salman Farsi etc It praises those who listened to the quran and brought faith.
The ayat on Vanity /La gw has following four characteristics:
a. Show your dislike /disassociation to la gw and do not participate or sit around or be near to it.
b. 'Our acts with us and your acts with you' it shows that the measurement of success is 'amal' ie action we are responsible based on our actions and accordingly rewards are decided. Imam Ali(as) says: Today is the time for amal and no hisab(judgement/reward) and hereafter is the time for hisab(judgeemnt/reward) and no action/amal. We have to remind oneself n others and be alert avoid slipping towards vain talks /acts -lagw. One should be harees( eager /rush) for good amal.
c. 'Salam Alaykum'. These words actually denote seperation from those involved in vainity .ie Salam or 'Aman' from jahal ie ignorance. We need not reply or do the same bad acts as done by the ignorant. Once Qambar was going with Imam Ali (as) and some people slandered Qambar and Imam Ali asked Qambar to remain silent, since by slandering/ridiculing they themselves were being zaleel(debased). Do not respond to evil with evil. Insted respond with good behaviour or be silent.
d. We should not like 'ignorance' & vanity at all. There should be no love in the heart for sitting and dealing with those involved in la gw
We take the following lessons from th is ayat:-
1. Islam demands a clear opposition to lahw. The society is one living unit. Each is interconnected, effect on one part will influence the other parts. The attitude of 'i am safe,my family is safe' is against the islamic and quranic view. One should have concern for what is happening in the society, ummat and the world.& actions should demonstrate the same rather than confining oneself to the wellbeing of own & family affairs only.
2. One should be concerned for oneself (nafs) and not use excuses for getting away from principles and flow with the tide with others. The logic sometimes used is that others who are better eg some alim/momina etc, are doing or not doing something so i'm also excused from that matter. One should have concern for oneself and take responsibility as others are responsible for themselves.
3. One should not be limited to only 'haram and wajib 'as the responsibility does not end there. La gw can be defined as eveything in which there is no benefit even if it is not haram. Imam Ali says that anything which is not a zikr of Allah (swt) is la gw. This goes beyond wajib and haram only.
Presently in society there are many debates and discussions on the internet tv and newspapers which are useless and have no bebefit to anybody. Sometimes they are created as a conspiracy to divide. You may think youre doing a wajib but its actually lahw. We should act & behave wisely and peacefully.
Many people indulge in useless talks like whose getting married ,whose getting divorced etc as well as gheebat ,due to which many homes and relationships are destroyed. Irresponsible speech has negative results in society and for oneself. Imam Ali (as) says 'If you get involved in these vain talks /vanity it will take you to haram.'
4. It is our responsibility to show displeasure, boycott and have no contact with those involved in la gw. There is a misconception that munkar can be in the heart only. We need to show rejection by face, words and acts. We go to weddings with music mentionig that we are not pleased with it and we will not listen ...this is insufficient. If more people show displeasure these ills will be reduced and gotten rid of in society. We should be alert if munkir confronts us, we should take responsibilty and act.
In the second khutba Shaikh mentioned that one can recite the Salaat Zuhr after Salaat Juma but with niyat of Rija Matlubiyat
English translation summary of Khutba Delivered by Shaikh Ehsan on 5th June 2009 at Masjid Rasool Azam & Translated into Urdu by Jafer Ali Salman
كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ ثُمَّ إِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُونَ
S Ankaboot 29:57] Every soul must taste of death, then to Us you shall be brought back.
There are several Tafseer for this famous ayat as under to explain why is Death compared to 'Taste' Zaika ' :-
1) Death is certain & similarly a person is certain to die if he does not eat
World worshippers behave as if there is a doubt in death
Imam Ali(as says that I am surprised that one buries his relatives & friends & brothers & yet forgets & goes towa r d sin !
2) It is important' Road ' to reach the Nemat of Hereafter .Eating is also important & a way to remain alive
3) Death is Waqti or Temporary state like the taste which stays for a short while .Its like a door / entrance to teh other realm , one does not stop at the door but passes thru it
This shd have a big effect on our lives to worry about Hisab after passing thru death & the bigger problems that lie ahead
We do not take lessons from death rather we are only emotional ( which is also good/ fitrat) at the death of a loved one
When Imam Khomeinis ( whose 20th aniversary is being commemerated) son died in najaf he was still concerned about aid delivery on same day & asked Shaikh Farqaan ? to go at 9 pm as was previously scheduled
4)Taste is a way to get to know some thing not known earlier ( majhool ) & is therefore similar to death
Zaika in arabic language is also used for knowing what he did not know earlier
At Death all ignorance of the other world will be removed & we will percieve reality or in fact wake up from sleep at death !
There is a Hikmat ( wisdom) in not knowing the time of death
a)He is hopeful & has umeed else he would stop progress
b)Despite not knowing time of death one can be judged if he truly fears HIM & taqwa & Tauba is done
5) the word "zawq" is mostly used in quran for azab, which is hated (karahiyat) by people, and death is hated /feared also.
Imam Hassan (as) was asked; why do we hate death? He answered: because you have built your world dunya and destroyed your akherat. (hereafter)
Many people earn their livelyhood/accumulate wealth from Haram sources at the cost of the Hereafter
This verse is an invitation from the quran to acquire certainty about death / hereafter & modify our behaviour in line with that & be obedient to HIM & acquire closeness to HIM by good deeds
In second Khutba re burial
1)It is makrooh for the close relatives ( mahram ) to bury the body themselves ie put in grave
2)It is makrooh to speak about worldy affairs at a funeral
3)it is makrooh for ajnabi to get down into the grave of a female while burrying her.
English translation summary of Khutba Delivered by Shaikh Ehsan on 31 july 2009 at Masjid Rasool Azam & Translated into Urdu by Jafer Ali Salman
In Quran Sura Luqmna 31 Aya 12..Hazrat Luqman says My son do not do shirk as a wasiyat /will to his son
وَإِذْ قَالَ لُقْمَانُ لِابْنِهِ وَهُوَ يَعِظُهُ يَا بُنَيَّ لَا تُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّ الشِّرْكَ لَظُلْمٌ عَظِيمٌ ﴿١٣
And when Luqman said to his son while he admonished him: O my son! do not associate aught with Allah; most surely polytheism is a grievous iniquity-- (13)
Quran also says he was hakim /wise .
Shirk is Surely ( innaka used fo remphasis) a big ( azeem) 'zulm'
Definition of Zulm is Not to keep things in its proper place
3 sides of zulm
a)Zulm on Qudoosiayt. jassarat ie revolt against HIS holiness by associating something which has No value compared to HIM
b)Zulm on oneself ie choosing darkness over hidayat / guidance
c)Zulm for others ie to make a tradition / way which others also follow& go astray
Lets see the learning points
1)It teaches us to be a Rasool in ones own house first ie be a messenger to your family /home for hidayat
We should not leave children to their own thinking .Imam Ali(as) says the heart of a child is like a bare /fertile ground , whatever is sown wil take root.
So we should teach th eright things first in time before others sow their ideas & wrong thoughts
It has been seen that this is not taken seriously even in Momins homes & we should correct this
2)Method of guiding/correcting .Luqman uses the words 'My dear son' with a sense of closeness/qurbat ie with love .If words have to have effect they have to be spoken with love to reach the heart
The words shd not be tough always & result in the listener going away but instead shd bring the person close
Imam Sadiq(as) says that HE showers mercy if someones shows love for his son .Once the Prophet(saw) sa a person kissing his son & mentioned that if someone made his son pleased with him ( razi) then HE will also be pleased /razi with the person .It is a big benefit to make small children Razi with you
3) Right Aqaed/beliefs are v important to instill .If the right beliefs are strong , other ideas/talks will not affect the person v much & he can confront all things which lead astray
We need to love the Prophet , Ahlulbayt & Quran with marifat /understanding
4)Attention is drawn towards 'Tauheed' as a important matter having a major impact on our lives.Wahdaniyat ( sigularity) is not only applicable in Ibadat but other aspects of life .Our Obedience is for HIM & not others/nafs /world /wealth etc.Imam sadq (as) says a person becomes mushrik if he obeys his nafs & follows others in oppposition to HIS rules/way
In the second Khutba re congregation prayer
The follower is to keep silent while standing & the Imam is reciting the Sura Fatiha & the other sura in the first 2 rakats , All other things must be recited by the follower himself
In case of Fajr magrib & Isha where the Imam recites with a loud voice which is heard ,the follower shd keep silent & listen to it
In case of zuhr /asr ,the folower can recite any zikr like subhanallah , salwat etc softly in the first 2 rakats
English translation summary of Khutba Delivered by Shaikh Ehsan on 28 aug 2009 at Masjid Rasool Azam & Translated into Urdu by Jafer Ali Salman
الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ۗ أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ ﴿٢٨
13:28 "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.
Zikr not limited to Quran zikr of prophet is also zikr it has a v wide meaning
Why do hearts find satisfaction & rest in the Zikr / remeberance of Allah swt ?:-
a) Objective of life .life w/o purpose makes you sad or suicidal.there is a high purpose achieve perfection.
We should kn ow that death is not destruction but a bridge & a purpose .Fear of death due to non preperation
b) value gi ven to a fter life over this life -Imam ali ( as ) says this life/world is worth less than a slipper or the wing of a fly. The world shd not be so imp to us even if we loses we shd not be greatly worried
c) Fear of being alone is removed he sees himself as weak in face of many disease poverty etc.BUT if he associates with HIM it has a great effect on nafs .Imam sajjad dua sharaf zakereen
d) R emebering HIS mercy & its vastness brings sukoonsadness difficulty anxiety go away sins disobedeince associated with source of mercy
Few points to learn:-
1) Reminder man is body & soul belief is to be in heart not on surface & fikri ..
People say intellectual " friday sermon does not benefit me i am at higher level "
There are 2 khutbas in place of 2 rakats showing importance / sawab is great .. soul benefits with HI S zikr listener is doing zikr himself & becomes mehboob
2) Heart is like a bird .. branch to branch & gets rest only inn nest..one work thoght to another but rest only in zikrtry thry yoga philiosophy etc foling themselves true comfort only in zikr
3) Another ayat says hearts ' fear ' when listening to his zikr ..so is there a conflict between ayats ?
Ayt makarem shirazi mentions that itmenan does not make him go towards sins & become negligent in fact it prot e cts
true itmenan is together w ith fear & obedience is true zikr. not only words like sufi.Islam wants to put on road to HIM
4) Plural used ' hearts ' ie of all mankind but pre condition is that heart shd be ' human ' not rusted / locked li ke stone .Islam is not only symbols but sow n in hearts
May our hearts. be Human . also be filled with HIS true Zikr
Seond Khutba :-Ahakm ab out Junub is for ramadhan month ( & its qadha) only ie ghusl to be done upto sunrise ..but if he discovers after getting up that ghusl done was not valid for some reaqson .no problem. in fast . but salat is to be repeated
English translation summary of Khutba Delivered by Shaikh Ehsan on 10 sept 2009 at Masjid Rasool Azam & Translated into Urdu by Jafer Ali Salman
Imam Ali(as) martyrdom is being commemorated today. Condolences to the whole world
Imam Ali (as) says "We are not born for this world “
We cannot comprehend the 'Ocean' but only take a few drops ,small drops from this ocean of wisdom .The prophet(saws) said no one recognized Ali except me & Allah swt
What should be our view of the world /hereafter & what should be its effect on our behaviour
Many lessons can be learnt from this
1) On a complete general level There is a higher objective ie we are not born for this world .The world is like quick sand & we are not to get stuck in it. It does not mean we should not try for the world BUT we should not lose sight of the objective of being born ie HIS Ibadat
2) On a special level for oneself we are not animals & our purpose is not only to consume good food.though it may be halal food.we r Human & born to achieve perfection .We always concentrate on others faults & forget ones own. Satan makes one forget oneself & puts the blame/ excuse on others
3) Deep inside one shd not be a slave of desires & follow satan orders instead of being obedient to HIM. One can achieve this freedom by taqwa habit riyazat nafs.by practice .Imam says oh world cheat others not me as I hv given divorce 3 times to u. We shd not follow the western model of life ie following desires & doing as one pleases. Zuhd is not be slave of the world /desires inside
4) These principles have to reflect in behavior & dealings. May times we understand & believe in these principles of objective of life etc BUT our behaviour,actions does not reflect this. This does not mean we shd not enjoy the good things of the world BUT desires /lusts shd not rule us. Imam says I only took 1 piece of cloth & 2 morsels but u cannot follow my standards .we shd not become toys of our nafs desires ie w/o lagamm bridle. We shd have wara & iffat & the bridle in our hands
5) Time is very precious & each fursat shd be used to achieve closeness to HIM.its sad to lose time like a bone in the throat. This month of Ramadhan is fursat available & we shd not use it inTV/work/arguments/sittings which have no benefit. Sight /nazr w/o purpose , silence w/o thinking & Speech w/o zikr is lahv. Ibadat is not limited to Prayer fasting ,but each moment can be ibadat which has the intention to achieve HIS closeness.
…Are we on the path as shown by Imam ..Peace be on the day he was born &the day he was martyred
Fitra can be given as loan at anytime & the niyat converted o fitra on Idd day. Also in case one forgets to convert the niyat & remembers only later or does not remember at all later its ok & it will become fitra
English translation summary of Khutba Delivered by Shaikh Ehsan on 10 sept 2009 at Masjid Rasool Azam & Translated into Urdu by Jafer Ali Salman
And slacken not in following up the enemy: If ye are suffering hardships, they are suffering similar hardships; but ye have Hope from Allah, while they have none. And Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. Nisa (104)
وَلَا تَهِنُوا فِي ابْتِغَاءِ الْقَوْمِ ۖ إِن تَكُونُوا تَأْلَمُونَ فَإِنَّهُمْ يَأْلَمُونَ كَمَا تَأْلَمُونَ ۖ وَتَرْجُونَ مِنَ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَرْجُونَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا ﴿١٠٤
On the occasion of 15th Shawwal battle of ohad 3rd A.H this Ayat was revealed. History is important to learn and benefit from and Islamic history more so. At ohad the prophet was disobeyed and the enemies overpowered the Muslims. But they attacked again after preparation. Their hearts were filled with bravery and they were strong and the polytheists were scared & Islam won.
We take the following lessons:
يُثَبِّتُ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِالْقَوْلِ الثَّابِتِ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ ۖ وَيُضِلُّ اللَّهُ الظَّالِمِينَ ۚ وَيَفْعَلُ اللَّهُ مَا يَشَاءُ
Allah confirms those who believe with the sure word in this world's life and in the hereafter, and Allah causes the unjust to go astray, and Allah does what He pleases. Ibrahim (27)
Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth.
God strengthens the faith of the believers by the true Words in this world and in the life to come. He causes the unjust to go astray and does whatever He pleases.
Two parties are described those who remain firm on faith & those who are astray.
Why are words that stand firm for momineen
a)It’s the lutf of Allah swt were it not for the lutf it would not have been possible to remain firm on the straight path
b)ut lutf is action not word .Momineen try to make their actions in line with HIS hidayat &when HE sees thishe gives reward of firmness.Hidayat starts from HIM as it is in fitrat to recognize HIM/good.momin accepts it is joint to it & follows the path SO the reward s to make him firm
c)BUT what is secret for ‘kaul or words?Beneficial words are the Witness kalmia …these words benefit in the hereafterHadith 5thimamangels will question I the grave& if the reply is correct he gets the nemats in grave.the words & belief have to be with reasons & proofs
Who r the zalimin thos who don’t believe or belief is weak &n their actions /behaviour is not in line with it. They are astray not because of HIM but because of their own deeds
HE does what HE pleases ie everything happens with HIS mashiyat & not by accident HE is not majboor( dependant /helpless) nor does jabr HE is Qadir on doing anything but is also Hakim /wise & will not do anything against HIS wisdom justice
1)We are depend ant on HIM for taufiq to remain steadfast on the right path .we r mohtaj & should not be ghafil & be confident that we are & will be on the right path. A person should no become proud of not sinning & being on the right path BUT instead he should be happy that HE has kept him that way thru fazl inayat and lutf
2)Importance of kaul words Hidayat will com if we are aware of whatwe are saying. It shd be based on evidence if he wishes to be steadfast his speec shd be such that I does not have gheebat tuhmat lies etc.Words shd be with ehiayat & in obedience to for islam not fuzul useless w/o meaning benfit.it is not enough to remain away from haram only. Wer sorry to see so many places where discussions are held which have no benefit arguments.This will push us behind. Talking w/o ability knowledge time is spent uselessly Even if its Amr bil Maroof ,Slander tauheen disrespect is not permitted.. Imam ali as said u r getting sins written for you by such speech which is in the air. All words spoken are recorded by 2 angels .We shd be concerned about our speech not falling into this category
3)The Aya speaks about All momins & is concerned about the entire group /society & not limited to the individual . We should not have speeches which are w/o proof knowledge of effect /implications .It shd be within the ambit of Kaul Sabit ‘ Speech should not be disrespectful or which hurts .It shd be like what you want others to speak with you .Speech shd be with responsibility & not based on khorafat waham /false beliefs ) etc .The aim shd be a good result in society.
4) Zulm /injustice results in one becoming ‘gumrah /misguided .We shd be away from all kinds of Zulm on self or on others .Zulm results in destruction in this world as well as the hereafter. We should not do any zulm with words actions , nazr (sight etc
8th Imam:He who is satisfied with little rizq from Alllah(swt), then Allah(swt) also accepts (rezamandi) little aamal from him.
1. Rizq is from Allah. Everyone knows this but very few remember it and practice. If he suffers loss in some trade, then he thinks that his rizq has gone away from him. This is due to his internal weakness thinking that its only his actions /events which determine rizq. The trade and other outward action are only a waseela (means). We can get itminan /comfort only by remembering and internalizing this fact. It is narrated in Bihar: HE asks “Will I be tired of giving rizq?”
The entire humanity is HIS family. Just as we are so concerned about providing for our family, Allah (swt) also provides. Imam Ali was asked if a person is imprisoned how does his Rizq reach him? He replied In the same way that death reaches him. Man is running after this world and becomes very worried if he suffers a loss. He needs to understand that Rizq is from Allah and this will reduce his anxiety.
In the second Khutba it was explained that the cncept of Day Yaum is used in Shariat & we have to define what is day as Ayt Khoie says its from Sunrise to Sunset while Ayt Sistani says its from Fajr to Magrib . This can become important to determine No of days fo rQasr ie 10 days or ‘Midnight ‘ for qaza etc
﴾ فَتَبَسَّمَ ضَاحِكًا مِّن قَوْلِهَا وَقَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ ﴿١٩﴾
So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."
This aya is with reference to Hazrat Suleiman seeking the Ilham in his nafs /Wujdan inside to Thank Allah swt for the blessings after he saw the ants running away from him in fear of being trampled.
This prayer fo r ilham( inspiration) from inside is different from seeking Tawfiq which is more dependant on external causes
We have to seek HIS help to give thanks & even the ability to say thanks & to thank HIM is from HIM so we are obliged to thank HUIM for that as mentioned in the Sahifa Sajjadia Munajat e Shakereen
H Suleiman a)thanks even for those nemat given to his parents as indirectly they flow to the children .b)He also asks for ability to perform actions which are accepted by HIM & to c) admit himself amongst the ranks of Righteous.
1) There are people who have an urge inside / tehreek / desire towards goodness /righteous work but are prevented from outside / external circumstances.
BUT there are many to whom Nothing happens inside & there is no movement They are involved only with their own lives /trade & benefits
We have to do jehad for khairat & not be unconcerned .We must check if the takreek for Khair is alive within us
2) Parents shd be righteous for the progeny to be righteous ( saleh) & awake .If one cannot be ones own guide towards khair then how can he guide others /his children towards goodOne has to create this neki in own nafs & has to have an Imaan which I sawake .The best gift one can give children is good Akhlaq not only by words but by actions
3) Power wealth is sought for a purpose so that he can gain HIS pleasure /acceptance .Intention is to fill the world with khair & take the entire humanity towards good .Seeking power/[position has to be for a purpose It shd be a means /wasila for benefitting others not only for ones own self
4)Zaat Self becomes righteous as a habit & goodness emanates from self
..yet to complete
Tuhaf Ul Uqool Imam Al-Hasan (peace be upon him) said: “The most discerning sight ( Basr) is that which is most absorbed/immersed in the good( Khair) . The most perceptive hearing is that which retains the reminding and takes benefits by action . The soundest heart is that which is pure from doubts & suspicions.”
Basr has 3 meanings ..eye , strength to see & enlightens heart ( baseerat ) As quran says eyes don’t go blind but hearts go blind
To know where is khair & not to be deceived .There are also stages/levels of Good
Hearing which does not turn away to admonishment (nasiyat) .One must not imagine himself to be ‘higher’ or more knowledgeable & not in need of admonishment .This is pride & even in Majalis we see people saying oh this is a routine everyday matter & not beneficial to me & any reminders they ignore or think that it does not apply to them .
Shaikh Ansari wanted his students to do Vaiz to him despite his v high status .Syed Khoie also informed his students to remind him & point out his mistakes.
The listening results in understanding the matters & then ACTING on it .The hearts become alive with admonishments
Heart which is free of doubt /darkness & is soft .It is also free of sins .It is better to stop than to be led towards sin ..
1) We are reminded of our responsibiities as regards our sight , hearing & hearts .We will be questioned about these matters . These are divine responsibilities on us & we should not be negligent about them.Take our eyes & ears where HE wants & not in the road of satan
2) The responsibilities have to be fulfilled in the BEST way possible .It shd not be sufficient to say that we see listen & go to halal places only .We have to strive to achieve the highest / best status & make efforts continiously rather than accepting a lower status . In in the physical world we keep trying & do not get satisfied with what we have but in matters of hereafter we accept little rewards & say it is enough to avoid sins to reach heaven. We need to compete with each other in doing good & ‘Qanaat’ is not applicable to good deeds
3) This is a big responsibility to employ all our efforts in the roads of Khair with Diqat & Tafseel ( intricacy & detail) .Even 1 moment is not to be wasted & be left to go anywhere we please .We should be aware & alert & take the benefits including our families & make khair a habit
4) External vs Internal – Outside & Inside must be aligned .Doing Khair due to fear of what people would think/say means that the Khair is not from inside .Some others say that we have khair inside our intentions are good etc But then why do they sin Good only in heart is not sufficient it has to be manifested as well . Wara ( caution) in all matters is required eg in case of Music ..though some form of it may be halal why go near a doubtful matter where there is a possibility of falling into sin . Similarly in Gheebat .Avoid Jaiz Gheebat as well so that it becomes a firm habit ….Hearts wil then be clean & free
We pray to HIM to make our basr ,hearing & hearts immersed in Khair
Imam died at a very young age of 29 yrs & has many lessons for the youth
1)Seriousness/ jiddat in life (from Biharul Anwar) Once our 11th Imam, Imam Hassan Askari (as) who was still a child was standing between some other children who were playing and having fun. Suddenly a lover of the Ahlul Bayt (as) was passing by. But he was trapped with this scene that all the children were playing but a beautiful child was standing alone on the side. He decided to approach this child to ask what was wrong, may be he could help him.
He said: "My dear, are you standing alone on the side because you don't have the toys other children have. If you like I can bring some toys to you." Imam Hassan Askari (as) replied: "Do you think I'm crying for the toys. We are not created to play with toys and have fun but to worship Allah (SWT) and seek for knowledge. This lover of the Ahlul Bayt (as) asked him that how he was sure about that. The young Imam Hassan Askari (as) answered: Have you not read the verse of the Noble Qur'an which guides us saying:
"What! Did you then think that We had created you in vain and that you shall not be returned to Us?" (Noble Qur'an 23:115)
This lover of the Ahlul Bayt (as) was impressed with the answer and said: "But why are you so troubled in such a young age. You have not committed any sins?
Imam Hassan Askari (as) replied: "Age does not matter. I watch my mother every day when she sets fire to the large twigs - she uses the small first. I am afraid that may not the young children of this world be used to light the fire of Hell."
Allahu Akbar, the Holy Imam Hassan Askari (as) who is an infallible personality and a Hujjat of Allah (SWT) reflects so deeply, this answer was only a lesson to His followers to ponder over. This capturing story of Imam Hassan Askari (as) is a great learning lesson for us all.
Islam does not prohibit sport rest etc but one should not spend too much time as done today on TV internet fashion ..in things that have no value/meaning .One has to work make money etc BUT that cannot be the total objective
Position ,money ,marriage are all ‘means’ not an ‘end’ initself . We should not spend our full life in these matters only ie one has to have higher goals ideals & attention to our lord
2) Our view on materialism .Imam was wearing soft white clothes while inside he was wearing black thick clothes i.e. not forgetting that we should be attached to HIM though apparently outside clothes are for society. Remind /admonish without attachment. A beggar with hidayat is better than the rich who are not on HIS path. Selling ones religion for money/position is far from the road shown to us by imam. True position warrants attachment to truth and is a road to izzat/heights, but what is away from truth goes to zillat/degradation. All izzat lies only with HIM and if we get associated with HIM we will also become respected automatically.
3)The imam was known for giving, in addition giving confidence to the seeker, i.e. asking him to ask without hesitation. One seeker swore he had no food while he had 200 dinars buried in the ground yet imam gave him 100 dinars despite his lying. However we need to assess how to give and who to give as well . Giving is not limited to helping miskeen only. Concept of ata is very wide. Help in marriages, education, print books, muballigheen, etc.are all under ‘Ata’
4) His life and behavior were a lesson. In prison two people were appointed to trouble him were so influenced by his behavior that they became namazi. Young people today say I have not done haram I have done waajibaat so it’s okay, no need to become a good example or display good behavior. Boys and girls need to be examples with momin characters in speech, behavior and action.
Verily, those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V. 2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitan (Satan), they remember (Allah), and (indeed) they then see (aright).7:(201
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا إِذَا مَسَّهُمْ طَائِفٌ مِّنَ الشَّيْطَانِ تَذَكَّرُوا فَإِذَا هُم مُّبْصِرُونَ ﴿٢٠١
This Ayat gives a description of the behavior of Mutaqeen/pious vs Satan
Whenever Satan tries to intrude inside their minds/heart ,touch them,does waswasa ( evil whisperings ) while they are in Ghflat ( negligence) the immediately do zikr & get Baseerat /insight
1)This Ayat speaks about ‘Mutaqeen' & shows How much Satan can can control influence , how close he can come /cirumabulate ( tawaf) & how he can attach.even to Muttaqi .The Ayat does not say’ IF ‘but says ‘When’ so it shows that Satan 'does' influence
It is a very dangerous state for a Muttaqi .However one sees himself as pious & Islamic he should not become arrogant& consider satan to b efar from him .Saatn even goes to Prophets in anm attempt to deceive.BE Alert & Beware Saatn comes hidden , whispersin ears & is not seen.It is better to avoid all places / proximity to the sin even if you do not commit the sin.
Saying I am not involved am just with friend /near the place is not correct as it can easily lead to temptation & sin.We give our children freedom considering the good Islamic upbringing/tarbiyat & trust them & alow them to go anywhere.This is strange How one can rely /trust on this in todays highly corrupting environment
2)When Baseerat gets clouded/blind one cannot see the truth though apparent.We see people engaged in interest taking ,gambling , Music ,hijab leaving & contradicting sharia rules!Be Alert one cannot see his own Khair /good & goes on the path to destruction in such cases .
3) How to get out of this state of ghaflat/negligence how to be saved a) Increase Depth of imaan taqwa & b)Zikr with will power control remember with heart .Masjid, Majlis of Ahlulbayt, Ziarats, visiting Graves & Friday prayers all help in this.
The friday /juma prayers are very much recommended .It is mentioned in Hadith that the day Friday will give witness on judgement day & Angels stand at the door of the mosque & write, with a pen of noor/light the names of all those who come before the start of the khutba
We ask HIM to help us in protection against satan & to achieve the benefits of friday prayer
Sura 8 Anfal, Ayt 23 : 8July 2011
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَجِيبُوا لِلَّـهِ وَلِلرَّسُولِ إِذَا دَعَاكُمْ لِمَا يُحْيِيكُمْ ۖ وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّـهَ يَحُولُ بَيْنَ الْمَرْءِ وَقَلْبِهِ وَأَنَّهُ إِلَيْهِ تُحْشَرُونَ
(23) O ye who believe! give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life; and know that Allah cometh in between a man and his heart, and that it is He to Whom ye shall (all) be gathered.
O believers, respond to the call of God and His Prophet(saws) when he calls you to what will give you life (and preservation). Remember that God intervenes between man and his heart, and that you will be gathered before Him.
‘Ijabat’ respond to the
Prophet(saws) This is an invitation if you have imaan, then you must
Islam has come to increase the stature of soul, intellect and heart, for humans, unlike other creatures.
Definition of true life. Is to live as desired by HIM. One interpretation of life is also the next world ie this life is temporary & the True life is only of the next world
> The ayat says HE is between man & his heart. The definition of heart here is far beyond the lump of flesh. It refers to non material aspects of aql,( intellect) rooh,(soul) and nafs.
Following points result out of the sentence that HE is between man and his heart.:-
a.Acceptance/ imaan, is required to be deep in the heart and away from doubt. HE knows everything hence only ‘external’ verbal acceptance which does not translate to action is insufficient.
b. if you have got hidayat/ guidance or do not sin ,it is not due to yourself ,but due to his ‘lutf’. Hence do not be proud and consider yourself pious, on hidayat, etc. This is a real danger and one should be scared.
c. If man sees he is far from HIM and follows satan/his own desires and is disobedient then he should NOT be ‘mayoos’ of his ‘rehamat’( blessings/forgiveness), ie should not give up & say no one can help me ... HE is in between and knows. So HE can change his state to hidayat.
The ayat finishes with the word ‘hashr’. Everything returns to him, and on that day, all curtains will be lifted. Everything will be seen, and all doubts will be gone.
Some Points for consideration:-
1. True life, sa-adat, is only through islam, without this it is not possible to live like a human. Being away from the Prophet(saws)s teachings will be like an animal life. Islam covers all aspects of life. People say these are all old ideas and there is progress now, and hence many Islamic commandments are not applicable.This is not the case HE has sent Islam for ALL times & is fully aware of ALL the future times to come
All the sharia ehkam rules are derived by the marja. Do we know more than them? It is only due to ones likes, dislikes and ignorant belief and they make fun of religious laws. The Prophet(saws) said “Life is not, but religion, and death is not but being without religion”. Having religion is life ..like being alive…
2. True ‘sa-adat’ success /wellbeing is only if he ‘follows/responds’ to HIM and HIS Prophet(saws), not only by slogans. We see people in matters of watching films, interest, hijab, they go the opposite way. The Prophet(saws) said ‘obedience is coolness of eyes in all aspects’.
3. One has to go deep in ones heart. As HE is between, we have to understand and have fir belief that all rules are for our benefit. We have to do taqleed and follow all the rules and not make ones own rules. The Prophet(saws) said. ‘I have shown you everything that takes you to heaven and informed of all those things which take you away to hell’.